DELETE AND MOVE













The last thing I did, last night, before I went to sleep was: delete all the messages from my cell-phone. From the in-box and the out-box, both. With this, I closed my eyes, thanked God for the wonderful day… and I went off to sleep. 


I opened my eyes straight at 6.15 this morning. What happened in between, I don’t remember. 


Nothing. 


Last when I had checked, there were about a dozen messages… some happy and some sad, some blunt and some kind… yes, some giving hope and some making me anxious. I had the choice to let them be… to hold on to them so that I could revisit them when I would rise this morning… And, I had this choice, too:  to let them go.


Even the so-called happy memories, when I try to cling on to, leave me only anxious and sad!





Happiness is not something 


I can refrigerate… 


for my tomorrows. 


Yes, as that old-time saying goes,


Happiness is also an ice-cream… 


We should enjoy it


 before it melts.





In clinging, there is anxiety… fear… and pain.


If the day was good, then good. Tomorrow will be a new day… I do not know what will be in store for me tomorrow.


If the day was bad, it was bad. Tomorrow will be a new day. I really do not know what will be in store for me tomorrow.


Now, here I am… with a new day in hand. What is in store for me?


“Good luck beta…
 All will be fine…
My blessings.
Love,
SIR.”


I just sent a couple of dozen messages to my dear students. In a few hours from now, they will be writing that paper which I had taught them all year through. 



“Thank you soooo much sir…
 Just needed it.” 


Some of them instantly had gotten back.




Will all be fine?


I really do not know. They do not know. 


But then, we all hope… We all trust.


And, we all do so... even if it is not not going to be as fine as we had expected, at the end of the day!

























Life is much, much beyond! Much beyond my happy and sad memories…




GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic. Vivek D’Cunha

Comments

viva said…
Today morning I read a meaningful sentence,"THE FOOLISH MAN SEEKS HAPPINESS IN THE DISTANCE; THE WISE GROWS IT UNDER HIS FEET".WHhat a co- incidence dattu...YOUR BLOG"DELETE AND MOVE' PROVED IT.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Great message, Viva...

"The wise-man grows happiness under his feet..."


Brilliant!!

Thank u,

Love,

GERRY
Mangala said…
Wonderful post! Must read for all of us!

Thanks,

- Mangala
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Mangala,

Glad u like the post.

Do read often,

Love,

GERRY
Kripa said…
Liked the article sir. Thanks.

-- Kripa
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Kripa...

Glad u liked it,

Keep reading,

Love,

GERRY
ranjini.b said…
rightly said sir even happy memories can bring anxious and pain if v live on it4 long..v should just let go things n go with d flow of each day and take each day as it comes..
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Right Ranjini...

Pl read often...

Thanks,

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...