I NEEDN'T WAIT...









Ifpeace is what I yearn for,
Peace should be my call!

Peace always involves another person...
And, I really wish,
He too yearns for it... the way I do!
I wish,
He understands me -
My hurt,
My anger,
My fear... 
And my pain.
Yes, I wish,
He will not repeat his acts - 
Deliberate or otherwise...
I just want him to drop the weapons...
Understand me,
Apologize to me,
Promise me...
Love me!

But then...
It is my wish!

Why do I yearn for peace?
For whose sake - his or mine?
What if he doesn't come around?
Doesn't understand me?
Doesn't apologize?
Doesn't promise?

When we drop our guns,
The world thinks the war has ended...
And peace has come.
But, we alone know what peace is...
And when does it come!

If peace is my heart's thirst,
Peace should be my call...
And, therefore, it goes:
Peace can come in my heart...
Even in the midst of war!

I needn't wait till he is ready...
For my heart to be peaceful!



GERALD D'CUNHA

Pic.: Vivek D'Cunha


Comments

Anonymous said…
felt good, peaceful. thank you.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks pal... Happy u found it so.

Love,

Gerry
vibha said…
awesome!!!

- vibha
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Vibha.

Glad u liked it.

Do read regularly.

Love,

GERRY
Vishal Gupta said…
TOO GOOD!!!

- Vishal
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Vishal.

Do read often.

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...