THE SUNDAY MIRROR























 This morning, I woke up at 5... and I was fresh as a morning flower. It is a Sunday... and it is 7 now. Not only in our house, but all around, people wake up late on a Sunday... Yes, they need that extra rest... They need to let go the stress, take it easy.


What was my state of mind when I woke up early at 5, today? Was I up-beat or low in my spirits? Was I looking  forward with hope and excitement or was I looking back with regret and irritations? Was it just one more day or one more opportunity... to learn, grow, make friends, heal wounds, make peace, laugh, thank and LIVE?


As I said at the start, this early morning, when I rose, I was fresh as a morning flower. Yes, I was up-beat and looking forward with hope and excitement. Yes, the day that was coming did seem to me, today, as one more chance to learn, grow, thank, celebrate... and LIVE!


I remembered this sweet story told by a priest during a Sunday sermon.


There was this very elderly lady. One early morning, when she saw herself in the mirror, she noticed that she had only three hairs on her head. Being a grateful soul and an optimist, she smiled at her wrinkled face and said, "Wow honey! There are THREE of them today! I shall braid them to look lovely!"


And, she did braid her lovely three hairs... and, as always, she lived her day with gratitude and joy.


The next morning, the aged lady saw only two hairs. "Not bad, still TWO... Still there, great, Sweetheart!" She  smiled, again, at her face in the mirror and promised, "I shall part these two beautiful hairs... and, I would look stunning!"

And yes, she did look stunningly beautiful when she parted those two beautiful hairs on her head.


The day had a lot of happiness, lot of little surprises in store for this elderly soul.


When the next morning came, she smiled at the mirror, once more. "ONE is still standing, dear!" she jumped with excitement. "I would look like my little great-grandaughter with this pony-tail!"








No wonder,

the great grandma did look like

her pretty, little grand-daughter! 

And, needless to say, 

the great grandma

had an amazing day.







Finally, that wonderful day arrived! "NOTHING on my scalp, today!... So cute, so sexy,!" the young-girl threw up her hands in the air. "No more trouble to braid, part to make my pony-tail," she gently started caressing her bald and beautiful head!




















"Mirror on the wall, mirror on the wall, will it be my fairest day?" I ask this morning.


"Yes, my sweet heart," this young and sexy grandma jumps out of the mirror... to caress my hair!


Have a great day! Sorry, a sexy Sunday... in my grandma's lingo!!!






GERALD D'CUNHA


Pic.: Vivek D'Cunha

Comments

VIPUL PEDNEKAR said…
Having a great Sunday, sir!

Thank u!

- Vipul
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Vipul, keep reading!!!

Love,

Sir
viva said…
"Life is a small gap between BIRTH AND DEATH",So in this gap be happy and try to make others happy...!Enjoy every moment of life...Happy sunday to you DATTU and thank you very much for the inspiration.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Viva. Feels really good when u comment...

ur pics make my posts profound. Thank u!

Love,

Dattu
MANJU MISHRA said…
very refreshing story .. my day really went well. thank you Gerry.

Don't stop writing!

--- MANJU
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Manju...

Glad u loved the post.

Love,

GERRY
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Ranjini...

Keep reading,

Love,

Sir

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...